So it's been a while since I posted anything. I must say it is not without reason. I returned to California In mid December. I enjoyed hanging out for a few days in Northern California with a couple of classmates from Missionary training. I returned home happy to see family and friends and ready to enjoy the holidays and begin raising support.
Things don't always work out as planned but thankfully the God is still in control. My mothers battle with stomach cancer came back four round two over the holidays. She ended up in the hospital over the Christmas holiday with a blockage in her stomach. Though not an ideal setting for Christmas day, I can't help but be gratefull for the purity of the reason for Christmas. Christmas wether the world admits it or not is about the birth of the saviour Jesus Christ. Being in hospital on Christmas day reminds me not only how Truly Blessed I am by to be able to spend time with my family, But also the realization and reminder of how mortal we are and how much we need that saviour.
Knowing a realizing this in the simplicity of Christmas at the hospital brings me to this conlcusion. How Great and awesome it is that this saviour I am in such great need of is using me for his glory. Wether right her or overseas the opportunity to serve and bring glory to his name is something I can only praise him for. So as I continue to fund raise and help out at home I press on knowing his plan is not my own. and being ever so thankfull for that.
No comments:
Post a Comment